Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day!

Well I had a pretty great Valentines day, Nate had a whole day planned for us and wouldn't tell me anything except that I needed to wear shoes I could walk in. It started at 1130 (he said I have to be ready by then no matter what). He showed up at my house with a bouquet of roses which is so sweet and we drove to the TRE (Texas Railway Express) and rode the train to Dallas. The whole train ride he wouldn't say where we were going and I don't know how he kept it a secret because I asked him about 100 times what we were doing! So we got to Dallas and we walked to the front of the American Airlines Center where he stopped me and told me that he wanted to bring me here because it was there at a Bon Jovi Concert (lol of all places!) that he thought for the first time that he was going to marry me, he saved the tickets and gave them to me there. He said that he thought I would probably have wanted it to be more romantic or different but that night is when he really pictured himself marrying me. (So sweet) After that we walked to the west end and had lunch, then he took me to the Dallas World Aquarium which I also loved because I have always wanted to go but never got a chance! It was so great, there is shark tank and you can either walk through a tunnel and look up at the sharks or walk above the shark tank and look down at them! I am so afraid of sharks (BTW) but I also think they are very fascinating... So anyways we took the train back to FW, got ready and he took he to Cheesecake Factory for dinner!! It was a great night, he really went out of his way to make it a wonderful Valentines Day.

This is a Manatee at The Dallas Aquarium, I would definitely recommend going to this place if you ever get a chance! It was a great place, they not only have Manatees, Sharks, and other fish but Alligators, Penguins, and a Jaguar. You can also see the sharks and other animals during feeding times!!

3 comments:

Celice said...

It sounds like you got a good one Shelby!

Meredith said...

Awe what a sweet date! No wonder you didn't come with us ; ) Hopefully he will be that 1 in a million guy that continues to be this sweet and romantic after the wedding ; )

Lauren said...

That is sooo sweet Shelby! I love you and miss you! And I'm super excited that you have a blog!