Sunday, March 22, 2009

Garage Sale Shopping!

Well I have not updated in a while, I kept meaning to but I have been so busy! So, first about the garage sale shopping... Nate and I went last Saturday at about 7am. We had so much fun with each other, he is a fantastic garage sale shopper. He found the good finds and got the good deals! The first place we went was an estate sale in Colleyville, the house was abandoned and we had to search through gobs and gobs of things.. I got a few vases, but then Nate saw something he knew I wanted but would not pay for and I could not have been more excited! Nate saw a kitchen aid mixer in the corner of the room and it had all the tools and bowl. So we asked the lady how much and she said $20 for everything, including the vases!! She told us she was not sure if it worked so we took it to his school and took it into the locker room to try it out and it worked perfectly! After a bit of cleaning, a few washes in the dishwasher it was beautiful and later that week I made him a cheesecake with it! So, now I have a kitchen aid mixer and I never thought I would get one, it is a creme/yellow color because it is older but it is better than new to me because it is such an awesome find! We found some very pretty platters, and then at our last garage sale of the day Nate found reindeer to put in our yard at Christmas.. at first I said no, but it broke my heart to see him leave without the reindeer so we turned around and got them. All of the reindeer and the sleigh for $25, you can't really beat that. We also got a brand new light fixture for an entry way or maybe above a breakfast table, its very pretty.

I got to use the kitchen aid mixer and one of the platters this past weekend for Cory and Nates combine birthday dinners, Nate wanted Cheesecake and chocolate covered strawberries. It was fun because I got to use my new things but also, my niece Shannon helped me a little but so we got to spend some time together doing that. They were a hit! Everyone loved them!

Total Garage Sale purchases:

Kitchen Aid Mixer $19
4 vases $2
Crystal Platter $1
Flower Platter $1
New light fixture $10
Reindeer $25

Total Purchases: $48



3 comments:

Celice said...

Awesome finds Shelby! I love the buttery yellow color of the mixer. You will love it!

Emily said...

I need to garage sale so bad and I need to have one too!! I LOVE the color of your mixer, very vintage! It is a great tool... I actually made real mashed potatoes with mine, impressive, I must say. I want to see what your lighting fixture looks like! You and Nate need to go to one of the Park Row Lightings before they close and snag some great stuff!

Angela said...

Come to my garage sale next weekend - first week of April. Come before and get some stuff! We have so much.