Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Move in Day!

Well technically we are not moving into the house-Nate will probably move in a few weeks from now, but we closed yesterday morning! YEAH!!

It was so exciting to finally get the house and be able to go over there whenever we wanted. We closed yesterday morning in Plano and our realtor brought us congratulations cupcakes and a balloon, and our lender brought us a house warming gift. After we closed we stopped to get a pizza and we ate lunch on the floor with no electricity (and no air conditioning) but it was perfect. We put a towel on the floor, ate our pizza out of the box and had our first meal at the house! :)


We have been working on it for a day and a half now, cleaning, scraping ceilings and trying to get it ready before the wedding, which is in 5 weeks! I can not believe it is so close, I get more excited everyday.


I will put up some pictures of the progress soon, but the pics below are of us going into the house the first time (as owners) and eating lunch...

4 comments:

Jason & Katie Pittenger said...

ADORABLE

Emily said...

That is a fun idea!! Can't wait to see the pics of your house! The wood floors look good in that pic, are you keeping them?!

Something Borrowed, Something Blue... said...

yes we are keeping the floors, I wasn't sure if I liked them in the beginning but they are growing on me. I think they will look nice once we get all the furniture moved in

Lauren said...

So exciting!! I can't wait to come see it in person. I'm sure y'all will make it look great!